Important! Please carefully read the below:
- Please save or ‘Bookmark’ this page. There is helpful information and guidance that you will reference and / or need throughout your training.
- If you haven’t already, please save ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’ email to your address book. This will prevent important emails about the training program going into your Spam folder.
- Your y4c Teacher Training Profile and Log In Details – You must always be logged in to access your training and access other content. Please notice the login & profile links at the upper right hand side of your page and on the left side panel. The login details are those that you used to register and purchase your training that should be your email and your chosen password. Please only use that account (e.g. some people mistakenly have others) as that is where your training will be recognized.
- Go at your own pace! The 27 hrs of online study is self-paced to provide you as much flexibility as possible. We recommend that you do at least 4-5 hrs per week to achieve all the modules before the weekend training. However, we do not recommend that you cram all your work into one or two weeks. We have designed the training to encourage self-reflection and use in your existing teaching practice and / or self practice. The online learning is incredibly valuable and required for the weekend intensive and for certification. Therefore, regardless of your pace of study, you must complete Module 5 and all assignments one week before your Weekend Intensive. If you do not, we have the right to excuse you from the training (although we really hope this is never the case!).
- Download your Recommended Schedule. Please download and review our recommended timeline for the program. This will enable you to achieve the deadlines and will be in synch with feedback and guidance. Download here: OW-Curriculum-Virginia Beach
- Online Content Access – You now have access to the online training program for 12 weeks. You can access this through Your Profile – Your Training and select Online + Weekend Program. Additionally, we suggest that you ‘Bookmark’ the Online Training Page as its been very useful for other students. The process depends on your Internet browser but usually can be found under a ‘Bookmarks’ Tab at the top and select ‘Add Bookmark’. This will then add the page to your browser bar at the top. You can remove the bookmark after the course has been completed.
- About the Online Learning System – We have worked with LearnDash (a leading learning management system) to make the online learning easy to follow and straightforward. So far we have had excellent feedback but with any system it takes time for us all to adjust. Please be patient with yourself & system; and please let us how we can help you.
- Webinars – Save the Dates! Please block the following time in your schedule and jot down questions throughout the program. More information about the webinars will be sent up to 24 hours before the sessions:
- August 23rd @ 4pm (Eastern Time)– Please review recording and presentation here.
- Oct 11th @ 4pm – Webinar – Q&A with Tari
- The Manual – We are thrilled to be launching the 2nd Edition of the Manual. We have taken Tari’s 10-year running manual and provided the latest in 3rd party research, science and data; plus with unique advice and guidance, detailed breakdown of the y4c methodology and poses; and much, much, more. Note: all aspects of the manual are protected under copyright law. Instruction on how to download your PDF are provided below. Steps to download the manual are at the bottom of the page.
- Yoga for Cancer – The Book. Although it is not required, it is highly recommended. The content is different and supports each other. Providing you more experience and exposure to the methodology, science and perspective. It can be purchased through most retail outlets. Purchase through Give Back Yoga Foundation store and our non profit will receive a donation. Buy your book today!
- Your Assignments – There are 10 assignments across the online training program. We recommend that you set up a folder (on your computer desktop) to save all your assignments. Please follow the file naming instructions provided to help both us and you track your assignments. Importantly, always use your last name to save your file (this is important for us to find in the system). Additionally, it will be useful to print out and bring your manual to your weekend training and beyond. Note: The online training system allows you content access to your assignments during your training. After a total 12 weeks, Online Content access is stopped and you will not be able to retrieve through the system. We suggest you also save them on your computer.
- Assignment Feedback – We will be providing group feedback to all assignments as often we see similar support, question or thoughts. Often you will learn from each other as frequently for us. The feedback will be provided based on our recommended schedule of module completion. For those not achieved that module, we recommend that you don’t review the feedback as it will impact your learning process and review the feedback when you have completed. On the feedback there will be an opportunity to comment, ask further questions etc but you must be logged in. If you require more specific support, please let us know and we will try to help.
- Tips to logging in and using the Online Program. We have had over 200 people successfully go through the online course with excellent reviews of the system. For many, it was their first online program and they found it very easy. However, like any new experience or practice, it takes a bit of patience, learning some basic principles and then some trial and error. We have collected a few tips from others students and our helping them to make your experience even easier. Please check those out here.
- Weekend Intensive – Oct 20-22nd. Full participation in the weekend is required and frankly, will be super-fun and useful. Please block your calendar now protecting this time and make appropriate travel arrangements. Missing sections of the Weekend Intensive is not allowed and could prevent certification. These are long days and can be emotional, thus ‘Intensive’. But we can assure they will be rewarding. Weekend schedule is below but more information will be provided closer to the weekend.
- Friday: 2pm – 8 pm
- Saturday: 12am – 8pm
- Sunday: 9am – 4pm
- All sessions includes breaks.
- Location Weekend Intensive: Our host studio is: Studio Bamboo, 2861 Lynnhaven Drive, Suite 108, Virginia Beach, Virginia 23451
- Accommodations: Recommended Hotel is the Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Virginia Beach – North Beach
- We are here to support you! We will be monitoring your progress throughout the online training program. We will be providing group feedback to assignments, quizzes and overall progress. Additionally, we are here give support or answer questions. We are available Mon, Wed and Friday from 9-noon. Otherwise we will be monitoring emails and try to get back to you within 24 hours. Please email us with your questions at email@example.com. Provide as much detail of your questions as possible.
Now, you must be ready to get started!
Please follow the instructions below to download the manual and start the online training program: