About the Tutu Project Class Grant:
In 2016, the TuTu Project awarded a grant to help an existing yoga4cancer teacher set up, fund and manage a yoga4cancer class in a deserving community. We had over 20 applications for the grant from yoga4cancer trained teachers in communities across the US. Each told an important and compelling need of why they needed funding to support their cancer community with a yoga class. It was a challenging task for our committee to choose the Winners and Finalists.
With great success and excitement, we are pleased to announce the grant has been awarded.
Tutu Project Grant Winner
- Member of the Integrative Medicine center at Hartford Hospital and Connecticut Children’s Medical Center
- Massage Therapist & Yoga Teacher – serving over 60,000 survivors in hospital network.
- Grant will serve low income and underserved population for 1 year.
- A Pilot / Feasibility reserach study will be conducted to indicate the efficacy of the y4c methodology.
- Full support of hospital director, reserach and admin team.
- Learn more about Cheryl and our partnership with Hartford Hospital here.
- Member of the Memorial Healthcare System
- Yoga Teacher and offers y4c class within Oncology Center.
- Grant will be used to provide additional props for y4c classes. And marketing support will be provided to increase participation within all populations.
- DeEtta Thornberg, CO
- Stephanee Howell, VA
- Crystal Hill, WI
- Dawn Brock, WV
- Jill Mollenhauer, CO
- Ivy Miles, WI
- Teri Gandy-Richardson, NY
- Jennifer Fremion, IN
- Stephanie Regan, GA