With over 1,000 people successfully going through the Online+Weekend program, we have found that the IT or system challenges students face using the Online System are easily solved and usually resolved without our interaction. So we ask for people to review all the tips and requirements before emailing us. And remember like a new yoga pose, it takes a bit of patience, clear understanding of the requirements and practice. But we have yet to have anyone not figure it out!
Getting Started Webinar Slides
Please review the slides that are presented in the Getting Started Webinar for each program.
‘How to’ videos on the y4c Portal and Online Training Program:
Please note there are 5 short videos in this playlist to help you through the key areas of the online training program (including logging in, accessing your online training, uploading assignments, bookmarking pages and changing password). I would recommend that you watch them all but if you need, you can jump to any video in the upper left hand navigation on the youtube video display.
Other helpful tips!
- Case sensitive! Your username & password are case sensitive. So please be sure that you are accurately putting in both elements.
- Use only your registered email. In the past many people have mistakenly signed up to the portal with various emails. But only the email that you used to register and pay of your course will be the one to provide you access. Please make note of this email and ONLY use it.
- Use of IPads & IPhones: Computers are always recommended. Lost work or technical issues are common with ipad and / or smart phone use.
- Registered but your program isn’t showing up in your profile! First, please confirm when your program starts. Access to the Online Training program only is provided on the date of the Online Course commencement as per your registration. You will receive an email once your program has launched.
- Refreshing your browser page! We have found that due to the ‘cookies’ with the online training system, sometimes users have to ‘Refresh‘ the page after logging in to see and access the training. This has been a common issue and fix. Refreshing your page is dependent on your machine (Mac vs PC) and browser type (Chrome, Safari, Firefox etc). So please be sure to try this if you are having problems. Note: This is the ‘Refresh’ button for most browsers.
- Close our other browser windows. If you are like me, I have many Chrome windows open and sometimes sevearl pages of y4c training program. The system can get confused. So if you are having problems. Please close all browser windows, maybe even Quit the program, and reload. NOTE: this is not always necessary but a good tip if you are having problems.
- Check your email! For all of our programs, you will have received a welcome email with explicit instructions on your training. These will be sent on the day of your selected program so look through your email for this communication.
- Pop ups enabled. If you are trying to download your course manual, you must have your web browser settings enable ‘pop ups’. How to do this is dependent on your computer & browser. Run a search on your computer or even via Google to find instructions on how to enable or disable. You can always disable after you have successfully downloaded.
- Slow wifi? If you have poor wifi service, we would recommend that you shut down all other ‘heavy’ use programs and / or make sure other family members are not using whilst you are using the online system. For example, if someone is streaming a movie or playing a online game while you are using the Online system, it could be pixe
Still having problems?
If you tried the above and continue to have problems , please send us a detailed email with the following:
- Confirmation that you have tried the above
- Detailed explanation of what is happening
- Any error message or screenshot of the error or problem.
And we will try to get back to you as soon as possible. Please note: we aim to respond within 24 hrs during the working week. On weekends, support is intermittent. Please email to email@example.com.