Yoga Experience Prerequisite
The yoga4cancer Teacher Training program is an advanced yoga teaching program designed to deepen existing yoga teaching experience that is often used by professionals to best serve cancer patients and survivors. The program is useful to both yoga professionals and other healthcare and wellness professionals. However, it is not designed, nor can replace, the value of a +200 hour yoga teacher certification. For professionals without a 200 hour certification, approval is required for participation.
- Prior yoga teaching experience of at least one year is strongly recommended.
- Individuals with professional backgrounds in the medical and therapeutic fields, including physical therapists and oncology nurses must have a strong personal yoga practice to participate in the program. Such applicants will be required to describe professional credibility and experiential knowledge in yoga and basic human anatomy.
- Individuals without a 200 hr yoga certification might not be allowed to teach yoga4cancer post certification. During the practicum review, individuals without a 200hr or more yoga certification will be carefully evaluated. If yoga4cancer feels there is inadequate yoga teaching expertise, additional assignments and evaluation may be required to receive yoga4cancer Certification. This is to maintain the integrity of yoga4cancer Certification and ensure that all certified professionals are qualified to deliver safe and effective oncology yoga classes, sessions and interventions to cancer patients and survivors.
Any inquiries regarding eligibility should be sent to email@example.com prior to payment and program registration.
Technical & Online Learning Requirements
This program is conducted fully online and therefore requires experience, understanding and interest in a training that is conducted via computers and the internet. Individuals that are reticent to computers, technology or learning online learning skills are not recommended to register. Upon registration, a participant agrees to the following:
- I understand that I must have access to a computer to participate in the Program. This does not require ownership of a computer but I must have access to a computer through alternative means (such as via cafes, libraries, schools or work).
- I understand that all aspects of the training must be done whileconnected to the Internet and often requires significant bandwidth and access. If a participants WiFi is found to be sub optimal and causing problems, it is required that a participant find alternative WiFi access points (e.g. internet cafes, increase bandwidth, etc).
- I agree that my website browser and any associated computer software will be updated according to the providers. Google Chrome is recommended to access the program.
- I understand that the program is accessible via smart phones, tablets and other devices, but this is not always recommended as some elements or assignments are better completed via a computer (e.g. written assignments).
- I understand that to participate in this program, I must have experience and understanding of computers. Moreover, I must have a willingness to use technology which might include learning new skills.
- I confirm that I can record a short video (via phone, computer, tablet or camera).
- I confirm that I can or will learn to upload to Vimeo or another cloud-based platform. This is a requirement for program participation and submission of the required teaching practicum. Instructions are provided to support.
- I agree to review and use the Technical Assistance Guidance provided. I understand that many issues that are encountered are easily resolved after following guidelines and do not require additional support. I agree that I will review guidance and submit a support request based on provided tools.
- I agree that if specific technical support is required and the issue is identified to be unique to my personal computer, internet, software or experience, I will pay an additional fees ($50 per request) for additional administrative support.
The Tuition of $1,099 (Spring) and $1,199 (Fall) for the 55 hour yoga4cancer Certificate Program includes the online training program, mentor support and the digital manual. The tuition excludes printing costs for the manual, other materials (including internet or computer costs), travel and accommodation.
Any discounts including Early Booking Discount must be applied at point of registration and any terms or conditions for the deadline must be achieved.
Program Sessions and Deadlines
In 2021, there will be two 16 – week sessions offered. Each session has specific timelines and deadlines. Achievement of the corresponding deadlines per Session is required.
All participants agree to the following:
- Review the assigned Session schedule.
- Achieve deadlines specifically the Practicum Deadline and Program Ending Deadline.
- If the individual doesn’t achieve the deadlines and requires transfers to future sessions, a transfer fee of $100 will be required. This fee will be required to access the program.
- Only one transfer will be allowed.
- Failure to achieve that deadline will incur additional fees and could impact certification.
- Access to the program is until December 31, 2021.
Cancellations must be made in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org according to the following conditions:
- Cancellations submitted more than 30 days prior to the start of the Program will receive a full refund of course fees less a $50 transaction fee.
- Cancellations submitted 16-30 days prior to the start of the Program will be granted a refund, less a $100 transaction fees.
- Cancellations submitted less than 15 days prior to the start of the Program will not receive a refund. Please see ‘Program Transfers’.
- Cancellation after the start of the Program is not allowed for any reason.
Our goal is to help individuals achieve certification and go out to safely and effectively support cancer survivors. We recognize and know that often both personal and professional challenges can impact well-intended training plans. So we do provide Program Transfer options. However, program transfers require administration and technical support. Therefore, there is a transfer fee for the amount of $100 associated with any transfer. Below details program transfer requirements:
- Program transfer requests must be submitted to the yoga4cancer Team with the following information: reasons for transferring, request of new program and agreement to deadlines of that program; confirmation and understanding of the Transfer Fee.
- Approval of the transfer is up to the sole discretion of the yoga4cancer Team. Some restrictions between programs exist.
- This Program Transfer request must be submitted to the yoga4cancer team prior to the completion of the Program.
- If the Program Transfer is approved, the participant is required to pay the transfer fee of $100 and any difference in tuition prior to start of the new program.
- If the transfer request is for a program that has yet to open registration, participants are responsible for contacting yoga4cancer prior to the start of the requested program.
- A transfer is only allowed once.
Program Changes or Cancellations by yoga4cancer or Partner:
In cases of extreme circumstances, yoga4cancer might be forced to reschedule, change or cancel a program. Cancellation will only occur if all other options have been exhausted.
For program changes or rescheduling, yoga4cancer will provide clear explanation of the reason for the change and provide at least one option to enable participants to complete their program and gain certification. Any option will be sent via email and posted to the website. If more than one option is provided, participants must confirm agreement by provided deadlines or yoga4cancer will automatically assign an option. Participants of the program must adhere to all communicated program deadlines and scheduling. If inquiries are submitted to program administrators, achieving program deadlines shall not rely on waiting for a response. Delayed responses to communications from students is not a reason for failure to achieve program schedule or deadlines.
If the program has not started and cancellation is required, the student will receive a full refund.
If the program has started and cancellation is required, student will be provided a partial refund based on the individual’s program progress.
Waiver of Liability and Indemnification Agreement
The use of any information provided in the following video is solely at your own risk, and Yoga4Cancer, LLC and / or Yoga4Cancer Foundation, Inc will not be responsible for any harm or injury you incur as a result of such use. Talk to your licensed medical provider before beginning this yoga program. The information in the following video is not a substitute for, nor does it replace, professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Do not disregard, avoid or delay seeking medical advice for any reason. Treat yourself with kindness and listen to your body to avoid injury. Read here for the full Waiver of Liability and Indemnification Agreement
The brands, names, logos, trade names, trademarks, service marks and other distinctive identifications (collectively “Marks”), including, without limitation, “Yoga 4 Cancer” and “y4c” are the trademarks and intellectual property of and proprietary to Yoga 4 Cancer, LLC. Certified teachers and participants of the program do not reserve any right to use any of these Marks or any marks confusingly similar thereto for any purpose without the expressed prior written consent of Yoga 4 Cancer, LLC. Such consent shall be in the sole and absolute discretion of Yoga 4 Cancer, LLC. Guidance on pre-approved usage of marks shall be provided to successful graduates of the program. Additional uses must be approved in writing by Yoga 4 Cancer by emailing email@example.com .
Participants of the training program understand and have agreed that all y4c Teacher Training materials, including but not limited to the manual, exercises and online content, are under copyright protection and cannot be reproduced in any form except by prior permission from Yoga 4 Cancer, LLC. Failure to comply may result in legal action. All requests must be sent with full details to firstname.lastname@example.org .
The Participant hereby acknowledges and agrees that the Yoga 4 Cancer, Yoga 4 Cancer Foundation or any of its Affiliates may process sensitive personal data about the Participant including email address and contact details. The Participant hereby gives his or her explicit consent to the Company to process any such personal and/or sensitive data. The Participant also hereby provides explicit consent to the Company to transfer any such personal and/or sensitive data outside of the country in which he or she is providing services. Yoga 4 Cancer and any of its Affiliates will not sell or distribute personal data outside the execution of the core business requirements of Yoga 4 Cancer.
The yoga4cancer Teacher Training Programs contain text, graphics, images, and other content (collectively “Content”), which are for informational purposes only. Content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. A qualified health care professional should be consulted for medical advice and answers to personal health questions. This y4c Teacher Training Program does not constitute an attempt to practice medicine.
FINANCIAL: Tari Prinster is compensated by the Yoga4Cancer organization as a clinical specialist and instructor.
NON-FINANCIAL: Tari Prinster is an author of Yoga For Cancer: A guide to managing side effects, boosting immunity and improving recovery for cancer survivors.
Note: Changes to these terms are made with/without prior acknowledgement.