The following are general Terms & Conditions for yoga4cancer Online + Weekend Program. Some exceptions may apply based on program schedules, location and other details. Other programs, such as the Intensive Program are governed by the Terms and Conditions as set by the 3rd party partner working with yoga4cancer that is responsible for registration and pricing.
Online + Weekend Program Course Tuition:
- The Online + Weekend Program course tuition includes the online training program, weekend session and the digital manual. The course fee excludes printing costs for the manual, other materials, travel and accommodation for all program locations.
Online + Weekend Program Cancellation Policy: Cancellations must be made in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org according to the following conditions:
- Cancellations submitted more than 30 days prior to the commencement of the Online + Weekend program will receive a full refund of course fees less a $50 transaction fee.
- Cancellations submitted 16-30 days prior to the commencement of the Online + Weekend program will be granted a refund, less a $250 administrative fee.
- Cancellations submitted less than 15 days prior to the commencement of the Online training program will not receive a refund of course tuition. Students may apply tuition amount to a future Online + Weekend program while registration remains open for that program. Program transfers are subject to a $100 fee. That fee will be required before enrollment in any future program.
Program Change or Cancellation by yoga4cancer or Studio Partner: In cases of extreme circumstances, including but not limited to: illness, extreme weather conditions and/or damage to or loss of training facility, the Online + Weekend program is subject to schedule changes and cancellation. In such an event, the following options will be provided:
- The date and/or location of the weekend program will change to a new date/location.
- Students will be granted the option of participating in a future Online + Weekend program, with no additional program transfer fee.
- In the event of a weekend session schedule change, location change or cancellation, travel and accommodation costs will not be refunded by y4c. Travel and accommodation payments are subject to the terms and conditions of the travel and accommodations provider as selected by the student. yoga4cancer shall not be liable for any fees, cancellations or refunds regarding travel and accommodation.
Distance Learning Requirements: Participants of the Online + Weekend training program abide by the following conditions:
- Completion of the online training modules is essential to the productivity and quality of the weekend training portion of the program. As an individual’s preparation will impact the quality of group learning, the completion of all online content is a prerequisite to the weekend training session.
- It is required to complete the online content at least one week prior to the start of the weekend session. Time management and progress through the online portion of the program is fully the student’s responsibility. If Assignment #5.4 has not been submitted at least one week prior to the start of the weekend session, participation in the weekend session will not be granted.
- If yoga4cancer bars participation for a Weekend Intensive due to incomplete Online work, the participant will be provided the opportunity to transfer to another program up to at least 18 months after the enrolled program. Program transfers are subject to a $100 fee. That fee will be required before enrollment in any future program. It is the participants responsibility to request transfer and manage all communications around the transfer of the program.
- If yoga4cancer bars participation for a Weekend Intensive due to incomplete Online work, any travel and accommodation costs will not be reimbursed.
- Some exceptions to any of the above conditions may apply.
Technical Capabilities: Participation in the Online+Weekend Program requires the following technical capabilities:
- High Speed Internet or WIFI is required. All aspect of the Online learning must be done whilst connected to the Internet and often requires significant bandwidth and access. If a participants WIFI is found to be sub optimal and causing problems, it is required that a participant find alternative wifi access points (e.g. internet cafes, increase bandwidth, etc).
- Access to a computer with high speed internet is highly recommended. Use of a Tablet is possible but yoga4cancer refuses to provide technical assistance to those with a tablet. If technical problems occur and the yoga4cancer team must provide individual assistance, a fee of $50 per hour will be incurred with a minimum of $50. Access and use of a smart phone is not allowed.
- Participation in the Online + Weekend Program requires a basic understanding of the computers, the internet and word processing. It is recommended that participants take the pre-requisite training sample module prior to registration.
- If a participant has consistent problems accessing content and it is found that the source of the problem is not a yoga4cancer related issue but one of technical capabilities, a technical assistance fee to provide support will be required. That technical assistance fee of $50 per hour with a minimum of $50.
Required professional experience: The y4c Teacher Training Programs are recommended for certified experienced yoga professionals with at least 200 hour level or higher from any lineage.
- Prior teaching experience of at least one year is strongly recommended, but not required.
- Individuals with professional backgrounds in the medical and therapeutic fields, including physical therapists and oncology nurses who also have extensive yoga experience may be considered for the program. Such applicants will be required to describe professional credibility and experiential knowledge in yoga and basic human anatomy.
- Any inquiries regarding eligibility should be sent to email@example.com prior to payment and course registration.
Certification: Participants who have successfully completed the training program will be granted y4c Certification and will be provided the opportunity to be listed as a Trained Teacher on the y4c directory.
y4c and the Yoga Alliance: The y4c Intensive and Online+Weekend Teacher Training programs provide Registered Yoga Teachers (RYT) with post-certificate continuing education credits. Upon completion of the program, yoga teachers may submit the total amount of program hours as post-certificate continuing education credits. Please note that due to new rules from Yoga Alliance participants must be a registered member of Yoga Alliance prior to the participant in any program to obtain CEU credits. yoga4cancer has no authority to change this process. For details on the Yoga Alliance continuing education requirements and guidelines, visit www.yogaalliance.org.
Copyright: The brands, names, logos, trade names, trademarks, service marks and other distinctive identifications (collectively “Marks”) in the y4c Teacher Training Manual, including, without limitation, “Yoga 4 Cancer” and “y4c” are the trademarks and intellectual property of and proprietary to Yoga 4 Cancer, LLC. Certified teachers and participants of the program do not reserve any right to use any of these Marks or any marks confusingly similar thereto for any purpose without the expressed prior written consent of Yoga 4 Cancer, LLC. Such consent shall be in the sole and absolute discretion of Yoga 4 Cancer, LLC. Guidance on pre-approved usage of marks shall be provided to successful graduates of the program. Additional uses must be approved in writing by Yoga 4 Cancer by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org .
Participants of the program understand and have agreed that all y4c Teacher Training materials, including but not limited to the manual, exercises and online content, are under copyright protection and cannot be reproduced in any form except by prior permission from Yoga 4 Cancer, LLC. Failure to comply may result in legal action. All requests must be sent with full details to email@example.com .
Data Protection: The Participant hereby acknowledges and agrees that the Yoga 4 Cancer, The Retreat Project or any of its Affiliates may process sensitive personal data about the Participant including email address and contact details. The Participant hereby gives his or her explicit consent to the Company to process any such personal and/or sensitive data. The Participant also hereby provides explicit consent to the Company to transfer any such personal and/or sensitive data outside of the country in which he or she is providing services. Yoga 4 Cancer and any of its Affiliates will not sell or distribute personal data outside the execution of the core business requirements of Yoga 4 Cancer.
Medical Disclaimer: The y4c Teacher Training Programs contain text, graphics, images, and other content (collectively “Content”), which are for informational purposes only. Content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. A qualified health care professional should be consulted for medical advice and answers to personal health questions. This y4c Teacher Training Program does not constitute an attempt to practice medicine.