On April 29th, we are launching a pilot yoga4cancer Online Certification Program. This 45 hour Certificate Program will deliver the same elements, material and methodology as the yoga4cancer 5-Day Intensive and yoga4cancer Online+Weekend Programs. yoga4cancer training programs have trained over 2,300 yoga and healthcare professionals worldwide over the past two decades. The Online Certification Program will help yoga4cancer continue to spread the methodology and support to survivors globally. This new program will be 100% distance learning through carefully constructed online modules and mentor support over a 12 week period. The aim of this program format is to provide an option to yoga and healthcare professionals who otherwise cannot physically join us for our various worldwide face to face training programs. We know that often the costs of travel or busy schedules create barriers to participate and gain certification. This program will remove those barriers so that together we can better serve more cancer survivors world wide.
About yoga4cancer Online Certificate Program:
- 45 hour training over 12 weeks through online distance learning.
- Recommended 4-5 hours per week of distance learning includes videos, readings, quizzes, webinars, assignments and practicum supervised by a mentor.
- Includes a 170 page manual including the latest research on yoga & cancer, guidance on poses, teaching tools and much more. Printing costs not included.
- Required reading: Tari’s Yoga for Cancer book.
- Ongoing support by Tari & y4c trained teachers and assigned Mentor.
- Technical requirements:
- Computer with high speed internet access is required.
- Access from tablets (ipads) and smart phones is not allowed.
- High level of computer proficiency is required by all participants.
- Certification: All graduates will be awarded a yoga4cancer Certificate, included in our trained teacher directory and received exclusive offers, grants and support. The program is certified with Yoga Alliance and graduates can apply for CEU credits if they are registered at point of participation in the program. Please review requirements here.
- Tuition Fee: $995
- Pilot Program Participants will receive 50% discount.
About the Pilot Program:
The Pilot of the yoga4cancer Online Certification Program is aimed at evaluating the logistics, process and requirements to deliver this new program. The training is exceptional and will provide yoga4cancer certification for all participants that complete the requirements.
Pilot Program dates:
- Apply before March 15th.
- Program commences April 29th
- Completes on July 29th
25-40 participants will be selected to participate in the Pilot. Criteria will be based on various parameters from location, participant background and other program requirements. Please note the following:
- High level of proficiency in written and spoken English is required.
- Strong technical capabilities and access to computers with high speed internet is a requirement.
- For US and / or Canadian residents, we will limit applicants to favor those that are unable to participate in face to face trainings.
Pilot participants will be provided 50% off the regular tuition costs of a certificate program ($995) at $495. All chosen participants must pay in full by April 10th.