A 45 hour / 5 Day certificate program at Kripalu provides the required training to provide safe and effectively yoga interventions for cancer survivors in your community. Over 2,300 professionals have completed the program and working in hospitals, cancer centers, yoga and healthcare studios.
The y4c methodology and training is not yoga for one-size-fits-all. Nor is it just a gentle yoga class. It is a specialized training for experienced teachers seeking to learn how to design a healing class for survivors at all stages of their cancer journey. We focus on providing scientific facts and tools so that yoga teachers can addresses specific physical conditions, inspire hope, invite curiosity and give emotional support through a fun and nurturing community.
You will learn:
- The physics and physiology of yoga
- Facts about cancer, cancer treatments and side effects
- Appropriate and inappropriate poses
- Creating a healing community and class
- Hands on supervised teaching
The y4c methodology was designed and tested by Tari Prinster – cancer survivor, author and yoga master teacher. Since 2005, Tari has trained over 2,300 yoga and healthcare professional from all over the world to develop their knowledge and skills. The science-based training will provide tools and insight on how to adapt all yoga styles and poses to fit the specific physical and emotional needs of this community.
- This program may be taken as part of Kripalu’s 1000-Hour Yoga Teacher Training or as a standalone program.
- All participants that successfully complete the training will be provide y4c certification and be provided the opportunity to be listed on the y4c trained teachers directory.
- Yoga Alliance CEU credits are awarded based on length of any of the training and individuals must be registered BEFORE the training program begins. Please review all the YA requirements. These credits are applicable to most +300 to 500 advanced teacher trainings.
- IAYT – We are proud that our certificate programs have been approved by IAYT to provide CEU credits. Intensive program provides 38 CEU credits. Verify credits here.