Yoga for Cancer ( Y4C ), founded by Tari Prinster, is a program designed for cancer patients, (and their caregivers and or family members). It is an evidence based methodology, tailored to each survivor’s emotional and physical challenges during treatment, through recovery and beyond.
For people dealing with cancer, yoga strengthens the immune system, inspires confidence, and encourages survivors to be active in reaching their goal of wellness in a longer, happier and healthier life.
A Y4C class has seven elements:
1. Dynamic Stillness: How to Sit
2. Pranayama: How to breathe
3. Meditation: How to quiet the mind
4. Movement: How to move with ease
5. Balance: How to build focus, bone and strength
6. Restorative Yoga: How to actively rest
7. Savasana: How to seal it in
After receiving the “ok” from their healthcare provider, students are simply required to show up as they are, do what they can, and are encouraged to feel good and strong.
Instructor: Pat Salner a yoga4cancer Trained Teacher