Cancer patients and survivors come to yoga expecting yoga teachers to understand the benefits and risks specific to their needs. yoga4cancer Training Scholarships support yoga and wellness professionals who seek this necessary education to better serve the growing cancer community.
This year yoga4cancer and TRP are pleased to offer up to $12,500 in scholarships for deserving yoga and wellness professionals. These competitive scholarships are awarded based on the criteria below. Preference is made to support professionals locally per training location.
Our scholarship program is made possible by the support of yoga4cancer’s non-profit sister company, TRP, and by the generous donations from our community and donors. Without this support, providing programs and training to benefit cancer patients and survivors globally would not be possible. Together, we can help more survivors live longer, healthier and happier.
Donate today to RETREAT PROJECT INC.
Who Should Apply?
Recipients of the Training Scholarship will be determined based on the criteria below, although it is not a requirement for each recipient to fulfill all of the below guidelines. Preference is made to support professionals locally per training location. Please read through the below criteria carefully and apply for a scholarship today!
- Trained yoga professionals preferably with at least 1 year of teaching experience.
- 200 hour yoga certifications are preferred but not mandatory.
- Trained yoga professionals who demonstrate a commitment to providing better support to cancer survivors within their community through yoga.
- Healthcare and wellness professionals motivated to integrate or apply the y4c methodology into their existing professional practice or field.
- Healthcare and wellness professionals who have not completed yoga teacher certification should exhibit a strong and long-standing personal yoga practice to best provide support for this work.
- Individuals who face financial challenges and seek assistance to afford training.
- Applicants should be motivated to encourage healthcare institutions, cancer centers, yoga studios and community centers to provide yoga programs specifically designed and supported by the y4c methodology to address the needs of cancer patients and survivors.
- Recipients of the Scholarship must be able to complete all 45 hours of the yoga4cancer Online + Weekend Certificate Program, including all 16 hours of the Weekend Intensive.
- Recipients must commit to 1 program location. Scholarships are not transferable to other program locations once location has been declared.
- Applicants located closest to the program location are preferred and prioritized in order to support local communities and because the scholarship does not cover travel and accommodation costs. Applicants who are not local to the program location are encouraged to provide an explanation of program location choice and ability to travel.
- Recipients must be able to register and pay the remaining balance of the program after all applicable discounts have been applied (up to $495). Registration must be completed 1 week after acceptance of the scholarship. Travel and accommodation costs are not included in the cost of the program, nor covered by the training scholarship.
Current Scholarship Opportunities:
Fall 2019 Scholarships – Apply before July 7th at Midnight (EST)
- Richmond, Virginia – Online learning starts August 8th and completes with a Weekend Intensive at VCU Health’s Massey Cancer Center on Oct 4-6, 2019.
- Austin, Texas – Online learning starts August 26th and completes with a Weekend Intensive at YMCA in Austin on Oct 25-27, 2019.
- Montclair, New Jersey – Online learning starts Sept 9th and completes with a Weekend Intensive at YMCA Montclair center on November 8-10, 2019.
Leverage your community!
Together, we are stronger. Affording Certification and supporting ongoing yoga classes are challenges we all face, but as a community we can overcome these challenges by getting a little help from our friends!
Many yoga4cancer Certified Teachers have found great success in crowd funding and engaging their communities to support their further education and certification goals, drive awareness and gain exposure.
The Retreat Project: All donations & management of the yoga4cancer Scholarship Fund will be administered through the Retreat Project (VT registered 501c3 non profit).