- Online Program Commences: August 15th
- Weekend Intensive: October 14th-16th
ABOUT yoga4cancer TEACHER TRAINING
Yoga is an obvious step for cancer patients and survivors coping with difficult treatments and ongoing side effects. Doctors are now recommending yoga as a way to manage anxiety and overall wellness. In 2012, the American Cancer Society recommended up to 150 minutes of exercise per week – explicitly mentioning yoga – to reduce chance of cancer or defend against reoccurrence. So more and more cancer survivors are coming to yoga classes to gain these benefits.
But not all yoga is the same and for cancer survivors the needs are different. True compassion flows from knowledge and facts. Without specific training, a teacher is not equipped to understand the unique physical and emotional needs and challenges of those touched by cancer. And cancer survivors come with higher expectations. The y4c training will provide you the knowledge and facts to work with this community.
You will learn:
✔ The physics and physiology of yoga
✔ Facts about cancer, cancer treatments and side effects
✔ Appropriate and inappropriate poses
✔ Creating a healing community and class
✔ Hands on supervised teaching
The y4c methodology and training is not yoga for one-size-fits-all. Nor is it just a gentle yoga class. It is a specialized training for experienced teachers seeking to learn how to design a healing class for survivors at all stages of their cancer journey. We focus on providing scientific facts and tools so that yoga teachers can addresses specific physical conditions, inspire hope, invite curiosity and give emotional support through a fun and nurturing community.
About yoga4cancer Online + Weekend Program
New and Improved in 2016! In 2015, yoga4cancer launched the first ever Online+Weekend Teacher Training program. This hybrid program utilized technology and self-study whilst retaining the hands-on supervised training that Tari and her team have used over the past decade to train over 1,500 yoga teachers and other compassionate professionals. We are pleased and very proud that 122 individuals participated in our advanced, specialized training programs in 2015 alone. And the feedback on the program was amazing with over 98% satisfaction. Read more here.
We took all the helpful feedback and made the program even better! In 2016, the programs will have 40% more poses & vinyasa, additional week of online training, more webinars and improved tools on adapting all styles of yoga. The ultimate aim to best prepare our trained teachers to work with the cancer community. So thank you to all for their support.
- 45 hr training over approx. 8 week period concluding in a Weekend Intensive. (Note: The course can be done more quickly for those that have more time.)
- ‘Do it at your own pace’ online study: 4-5 hours of online learning per week including video, reading, quizzes, webinars, assignments and more.
- Webinars throughout training to support learning & create community.
- Receive a 150 page digital manual including content, research and advice. Printing costs not included. Additional recommended reading: Tari’s Yoga for Cancer book.
- Support from Tari and other y4c trained teachers
- Technical requirements: Computer with high speed internet is required.
- Certification: All graduates will be awarded a y4c certificate and are able to apply for CEU credits. Also graduates will be offered the chance to be listed on the y4c trained teacher register.
- Location: DAYA Foundation, 5210 SW Corbett Ave, Portland, Oregon 97239
- Online Training begins August 15th
- Weekend Schedule: October 14th-16th
- Friday – 12pm-7pm
- Saturday – 12pm-7pm
- Sunday – 12pm-7pm
- Includes daily breaks
- Registration: $995
- Early Bird through June 30th – $895
- Scholarships available. CLOSED.
For full terms and conditions, please click here.
Who should take this training?
We recommend y4c trainings for certified experienced yoga teacher at the 200 hour level from any lineage. We do recommend that participants have been teaching for more than 1 year to get the most out of the program. Additionally, we have accepted physical therapist, oncology nurses and other similar professional backgrounds with yoga experience. These need to be approved prior to the training.
All participants that successfully complete the training will be provide y4c certification and be provided the opportunity to be listed on the y4c trained teachers website. Yoga Alliance CEU credits are awarded based on length of any of the training. These credits are applicable to most +300 to 500 advanced teacher trainings. And we are actively applying for other CEU certification (e.g. Physical Therapists & Social Workers).
Sample Module & Video:
Want to experience the Online Learning System? Want to learn more about Tari and the yoga4cancer method? Please do! A quick registration is required but than you can sample the first Module. Click here to try it out today.
To help students understand the online learning experience, we have provided access to a video sample from the training- check it out below.
Past students love the training!
Surveys over the past years have shown:
- 98% satisfaction
- 99.1% recommend training to a friend or colleague
- Significant improvement in comprehension of key concepts (science of yoga, cancer & its treatment, appropriate poses, the immune system & yoga, etc)
- For selection of testimonials, please click here.
Online+Weekend Program Registration:
Register below, log in and select your course!
The y4c Teacher Training contains text, graphics, images, and other content (collectively “Content”), which are for informational purposes only. Content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. A qualified health care professional should be consulted for medical advice and answers to personal health questions. This y4c Teacher Training Program does not constitute an attempt to practice medicine.