Below contains information about the y4c classes offered in New York City. All classes are FREE – thanks to the sponsorship of the Retreat Project (501c3), Susan G. Komen and Dubin Breast Center. Open to all cancer survivors and all experience levels.
- Tuesday @ 5:45 pm – yoga4cancer at Park Slope Yoga in Brooklyn (Free & Open to all). Register here or call (718) 789-2288.
- Tuesday @ 6:30 pm – yoga4cancer at the Dubin Breast Center (Reserved for Dubin Patients only.). Register here.
- Thursday @ 4:30 pm – yoga4cancer Community Class at Sacred Sounds Yoga in Manhattan (Free & Open to all).Register here or call (212)-533-9642.
- Saturday @ 12:30 pm – yoga4cancer Community Class at Now Yoga in Manhattan (Free & Open to all). Register here or call (646) 596-7772.
Park Slope Yoga Center
837 Union Street, 2nd Floor,
Brooklyn, New York 11215
Mount Sinai Hospital Dubin Breast Center
1176 5th Ave
New York, NY 10029
Sacred Sounds Yoga
163 Bleecker St., 2nd Floor
New York, NY 10012
61 4th Ave (between 9th and 10th streets)
New York, NY 10003
About a y4c Class:
yoga4cancer (y4c) CLASS DESCRIPTION:
Whether you are a cancer patient, survivor, newly diagnosed, in treatment, gathering strength or thriving, yoga can further your recovery and help you feel whole again. You may even find new confidence you have never known.
But not all yoga classes are right for cancer patients and survivors. And for some, taking a yoga class can be intimidating because of the unique physical and emotional needs that cancer & its treatments bring.
y4c offers classes & privates tailored to address the specific needs of cancer patients and survivors. These classes are not one-size-fits-all, nor simply a gentle yoga class. All y4c classes:
- build strength & flexibility in safe ways
- stimulate your immune system & build bone density
- detox the body and cultivate a sense of well-being
- create hope & community
- empower all to take control & enhance their lives
- taught by a trained y4c teacher
“(y4c) classes have helped me in many ways. They are a safe place to share with others surviving cancer and they guide my new body and mind in the journey that is recovery. I don’t have to worry about bringing up what I’ve gone through because I am surrounded my people who understand. Even in silence they understand.” – Lisa B, 2012
To read a recent review of our NYC classes by YogaCity, please click here.
yoga4cancer Community Class is a FREE class sponsored by the Retreat Project (501c3 nonprofit), Susan G. Komen and the Dubin Breast Center. The livelihood of this class depends on donations from participants, friends, sponsors and grants. To give today, please click here. Help us help more survivors.