yoga4cancer is thrilled to announce the 2nd year of financial support from Here to Be (a program of lululemon)- to provide scholarships for Healthcare/Medical Professionals to attend yoga4cancer Teacher Training programs. Both Here to Be and yoga4cancer are committed to better integrate active yoga into the everyday care of all cancer patients during treatment and cancer survivors in recovery. These scholarships will make that possible.
We are offering 16 partial scholarships to attend a 2018 Online + Weekend training. This 45 hour specialized training is conducted over 10-week via online & distance learning, culminating with a weekend in-person intensive. The yoga4cancer yoga teacher training is 45 hour CEU credits including the essential research, practicum experience and support to best apply yoga principles to those touched by cancer.
Learn more about yoga4cancer Online+Weekend Training here. Please be sure to review all details about the training program prior to submitting an application:
Fall 2018 Programs:
- Virginia Beach, VA – starts August 6th with Weekend Intensive Oct 5-7th. Scholarship deadline by June 22nd. Confirm program details here.
- Burlington, VT – starts August 20th with Weekend Intensive Oct 19-21st. Scholarship deadline by June 22nd. Confirm program details here.
- NYC, NY – starts September 10th with Weekend Intensive Nov 16-18th. Scholarship deadline by July 20th. Confirm program details here.
Additionally 2018 & 2019 programs to be added. See here for full schedule.
Who should apply:
- Applicants must be currently working in the medical or social service and/or other wellness professions. A broad range of professions have found the training useful from practitioner (MD, nurse, therapist, etc.) to administrator.
- Applicants must have a strong personal yoga practice or professional yoga training. A Yoga Teacher Training is not required.
- Applicants must have a clear plan to identify how they would wish to utilize the training knowledge in their professions and make a difference!
- Applicants must be able to attend a Training and pay for tuition not covered by a the scholarship (from $495 to $295) and any travel costs.
Apply before July 20th for NYC. Vermont and Virginia Beach now closed.
Healthcare Professionals Scholarship Application – Fall 2018:
Scholarship Deadline has now passed.