In memory of Kelly Considine (March 17, 1965 – Jan. 11, 2013)
Kelly Considine was a beautiful, talented, loving yoga teacher who dedicated her life to helping others with cancer grow strong, find courage, laugh and heal through the powerful practice of yoga. She touched hundreds of people in NYC and beyond through her classes both public & private in New York City. She lead retreats for the Retreat Project and other non-profits. She dedicated her life to helping others. Moreover, her quest to find help for herself and others lead to her work with Tari Prinster in developing the yoga4cancer program.
Kelly passed away on January 11, 2013 after a 7 year battle with cancer. We thank her and honor her daily. To read the touching memories, thoughts and stories of Kelly from her students, colleagues, friends and the international yoga community, please see the ‘Every Step with Grace‘ blog post.
Who should apply?
- The applicant must be a yoga teacher with 200 hours or more of training who works with or has a desire to work with cancer survivors and patients in treatment.
- Our mission is to help those that need it the most. Therefore, our hope is to provide these scholarships to low-income teachers or teachers that have the will to advance their certification but lack the financial support.
- Additionally, like Kelly, we want all recipients to ‘pay it forward’ and to work with and support low-income and underserved communities of cancer survivors.
- Recipients must be able to attend the 45 hour Online+Weekend Training Program based on their selected program. They must be able to pay the balance of tuition ($395 depending on level of scholarship awarded) plus any travel expenses that will be incurred. For those that are unable to fund the remainder, crowd-funding campaigns will be required – see here.
- Location. Location. Location. Please choose program locations that are close to your home to reduce travel costs.
This 45 hour training certificate training program that takes our existing 13 year-running renown program and puts 60% of the content online whilst retaining the hands-on supervised teaching in a Weekend intensive. This format will enable students to take a large part of the training from the comfort and convenience of their home but retain the valuable hands on weekend intensive with Tari Prinster.
Learn more about yoga4cancer Online+Weekend Training here. Please be sure to review all details about the training program prior to submitting an application:
Fall 2018 Programs:
- Virginia Beach, VA – starts August 6th with Weekend Intensive Oct 5-7th. Scholarship deadline by June 22nd. Confirm program details here.
- Burlington, VT – starts August 20th with Weekend Intensive Oct 19-21st. Scholarship deadline by June 22nd. Confirm program details here.
- New York City, NY – starts September 10th with Weekend Intensive Nov 16-18th. Scholarship deadline by July 20th. Confirm program details here.
Additionally 2018 & 2019 programs to be added. See here for full schedule.
We will be awarding $1,500 of scholarship per training program. All awards are based on need and volume of applicants. Often we are not able to support the majority of applicants so we strongly recommend to all our community to do crowd-fundraising to attend this training. Its a great way to drive engagement, clients and awareness whilst generating necessary financial support. Please read here.
Application now Open!
Apply before July 20th for NYC. Vermont and Virginia Beach now closed.
Application for the Scholarship has now closed.
Donate to the Kelly Considine Scholarship:
The Retreat Project: All donations & management of the Kelly Considine Scholarship will be administered through the Retreat Project (NY non profit) – a organization that Kelly helped create.