- Online Program Commences: February 20th, 2017
- Weekend Intensive: April 21-23, 2017
Register still open. Register Below!
ABOUT yoga4cancer TEACHER TRAINING
yoga4cancer Online+Weekend Program:
This hybrid program utilized technology and self-study whilst retaining the hands-on supervised training that Tari and her team have used over the past decade to train over 1,600 yoga teachers and other compassionate professionals. We are pleased and very proud that 250 individuals participated in our advanced, specialized training programs in 2015 alone. And the feedback on the program was amazing with over 98% satisfaction. Read more here.
- 45 hr training over an minimum of 8 week period concluding in a Weekend intensive. The breakdown is:
- 27 hours of Online & Distance learning
- 18 hours of face to face practicum @ the Weekend Intensive.
- ‘Do it at your own pace’ online study: 4-5 hours of self-study online learning per week: including video, reading, quizzes, webinars, assignments and more.
- Webinars throughout training to support learning & create community.
- Receive a 150 page digital manual including content, research and advice. Printing costs not included.
- Support from Tari and other y4c trained teachers
- Technical requirements: Computer with high speed internet is required. Some elements of the training are device friendly (iPad etc) but computers are recommended.
- Certification: All graduates will be awarded a y4c certificate and are able to apply for CEU credits. Also graduates will be offered the chance to be listed on the y4c trained teacher register.
- Additional required reading: Tari’s Yoga for Cancer book.
- Location: Yoga Journey located in Wyndham Hotel in Boca Raton, Florida. Exclusive hotel rates start at $109 per night. Learn more here.
- Online training begins: February 20th
- Weekend Schedule: April 21-23, 2017
- Friday 2-7pm
- Saturday 9am-7pm
- Sunday 9am-4pm
- Breaks will be scheduled throughout each day.
- Registration: Early Bird through Jan 23rd – $795 / After Jan 23rd – $895
- Apply for Scholarship Opportunities by Jan 15th.
To help students understand the online learning experience, we have provided access to a video sample from the training- check it out below.
Who should take this?
- Yoga Professionals: We recommend y4c trainings for certified experienced yoga teacher at the 200 hour level from any lineage. We do recommend that participants have been teaching for more than 1 year to get the most out of the program.
- Oncology Professionals: About 30% of our trainings are for oncology and healthcare professionals that have a personal yoga practice and believe yoga can and should play a larger role in the Oncology & Cancer Centers. Approval of application is required.
- Other Wellness & Physical Therapist Professionals: Such as physical therapist, social workers, massage therapists, pilates instructors etc. We do need a good level of yoga experience. These need to be approved prior to the training. Approval of application is required.
All participants that successfully complete the training will be provided y4c certification and the opportunity to be listed on the y4c trained teachers website. Yoga Alliance CEU credits are awarded based on length of the training. These credits are applicable to most 300 to 500 advanced teacher trainings. And we are actively applying for other CEU certifications (e.g. Physical Therapists & Social Workers).
- 98% satisfaction reported from past students.
- 99.1% of students would recommend training to a friend or colleague
- Significant improvement in comprehension of key concepts (science of yoga, cancer & its treatment, appropriate poses, the immune system & yoga, etc)
- For a selection of testimonials, please click here.
Online+Weekend Program Registration:
Register below, log in and select your course!
The y4c Teacher Training contains text, graphics, images, and other content (collectively “Content”), which are for informational purposes only. Content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. A qualified health care professional should be consulted for medical advice and answers to personal health questions. This y4c Teacher Training Program does not constitute an attempt to practice medicine.