1) yoga4cancer Portal
With the submission of your final assignment, we have registered you for the y4c Teachers Portal. A password would have been sent directly to you and as per you input. But please do write it down somewhere now! This portal will be the backbone of how we better connect you with cancer survivors, each other and ongoing support. Please notice the ‘Your Profile’ in the upper right hand corner of your screen and the left side bar. Please log in now.
2) Leverage your specialized training:
- Print & display your certificate – You will receive a PDF of your certificate within 2 weeks of completing this program.
- Apply for your Yoga Alliance credits
- Talk about your specialized training to your students. Give them to the reassurance. Give them the facts. Arm them with your knowledge.
- Once you have received your certificate you can refer to yourself as
- ‘yoga4cancer’ trained
- ‘yoga4cancer trained with Tari Prinster’
- Or use it with your name and RYT post-script. eg Tari Prinster, eRYT, y4c
3) Marketing Toolkit
We are providing a marketing tools for you to attract new students, build your credibility and increase teaching opportunities. Please visit the Exclusive Resources tab in your profile.
- y4c Trained Teacher Logo
- Marketing Posters
- y4c Trained Teachers Forum on Facebook – This closed group is your forum to connect with other teachers from around the world and to connect with us. We share opportunities (grants, classes, trainings etc) and we hope that you share your news, opportunities or questions amongst your fellow y4c trained teachers. The ultimate aim is to provide the best support we can to the cancer community everywhere. So we do request that you focus on topics on this relating to yoga for cancer care. IMPORTANT NOTE: Please be sure to answer the questions about where your training was conducted. This enables us to easily track who are legitimate teachers (e.g. we are getting loads of requests.) Join us today!
- Emails/Newsletters– We sent out regular newsletters with the latest research, events, tips from Tari, poses and other notices. Please be sure to save ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’ to your address book or often key communications will go into the SPAM folder.
- YouTube – Based on feedback from our students (both survivors and yoga teachers) we have begun to create videos of poses, information and other good tidbits for your use. Please feel free to use, share etc! Join our YouTube channel.
- The Blog. Another great resource of articles, research, poses, events is y4c blog. And if you have anything to contribute, please send to email@example.com. We will review and let you know if its relevant. But happy to share the forum with everyone!
5) Try the Online Training!
Although you are already trained, we want to give you the opportunity to experience the Online training. There are some excellent videos and resources to add to your current experience at the 5 Day Intensive. If you are interested, you must be registered in the y4c Teacher Portal and then send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with the request.
More to come… We have several projects in development to support our trained teachers. So please be sure to stay in contact, read emails and Facebook Posts. Thank you again and welcome!