Thanks to some recent donations and fundraising by our community, we are able to provide scholarships for individuals to attend the Santa Cruz Certificate Training program. These scholarships are not transferable so please only apply if attending the Santa Cruz program is 100% possible.
Online + Weekend Program in Santa Cruz, California
The 45 hour yoga4cancer Certificate Program starts Online on February 25th with the Weekend Intensive being held April 26-28th in Santa Cruz, California. Tuition starts at $895.
Please review all details of the Santa Cruz program before submitting the scholarship application. Understanding and acceptance of the terms and conditions are required for application.
Who Should Apply?
Recipients of the Training Scholarship will be determined based on the criteria below, although it is not a requirement for each recipient to fulfill all of the below guidelines. Preference is made to support local professionals per training location. Please read through the below criteria carefully and apply for a scholarship today!
- Trained yoga professionals preferably with at least 1 year of teaching experience.
- 200 hour yoga certifications are preferred but not mandatory.
- Trained yoga professionals who demonstrate a commitment to providing better support to cancer survivors within their community through yoga.
- Healthcare and wellness professionals motivated to integrate or apply the y4c methodology into their existing professional practice or field.
- Healthcare and wellness professionals who have not completed yoga teacher certification should exhibit a strong and long-standing personal yoga practice to best provide support for this work.
- Individuals who face financial challenges and seek assistance to afford training.
- Applicants should be motivated to encourage healthcare institutions, cancer centers, yoga studios and community centers to provide yoga programs specifically designed and supported by the y4c methodology to address the needs of cancer patients and survivors.
- Recipients of the Scholarship must be able to complete all 45 hours of the yoga4cancer Online + Weekend Teacher Training Program, including all 16 hours of the Weekend Intensive.
- Recipients must commit to 1 program location. Scholarships are not transferable to other program locations once location has been declared.
- Applicants located closest to the program location are preferred and prioritized in order to support local communities and because the scholarship does not cover travel and accommodation costs. Applicants who are not local to the program location are encouraged to provide an explanation of program location choice and ability to travel.
- Recipients must be able to register and pay the remaining balance of the program after all applicable discounts have been applied (up to $495). Registration must be completed 1 week after acceptance of the scholarship. Travel and accommodation costs are not included in the cost of the program, nor covered by the training scholarship.
Application deadline is Friday, January 18th.
The Retreat Project: All donations & management of the yoga4cancer Scholarship Fund will be administered through the Retreat Project (VT registered 501c3 non profit).