Yoga for Cancer:
A Guide to Managing Side Effects, Boosting Immunity, and Improving Recovery for Cancer Survivors
by Tari Prinster
In the 5-Star Amazon reviewed Yoga for Cancer, Tari Prinster shares her personal and professional experience in using yoga to manage the challenges of cancer and its treatment.
- Learn 53 carefully selected yoga poses and 20 sequences in easy-to-follow illustrated guide
- Create a safe, home yoga practice
- Adaptable for all levels of ability and addressing all cancer types
- Based on latest science and research on both yoga and cancer
- Share in real life stories
Recommended Method to Purchase:
Purchase your copy through the Give Back Yoga Foundation store and yoga4cancer receive a share of the profits to fund classes, resources and programs for underserved and low income cancer survivors everywhere. Buy your copy today!
Also available on Amazon and most other retailers.
Customer Reviews of Yoga for Cancer:
- “This book has been so very important in my recovery from surgery and the chemo currently undergoing. The yoga practices designed have helped me with range of motion, detox, lymphedema, neuropathy and general well being. I have incorporated the practices on a daily basis depending on my needs that day. I owe my positive reactions to treatment in great part to this book. Being relatively young when diagnosed and treated, it is so important to me to maintain my strength and well being and this has been a vital part of my treatment/recovery.” – APS, September 2017
- “A must have for any yoga teacher sharing yoga with the cancer community or who has cancer patients in their class. A great resource for cancer patients who may have had a yoga practice previously or are new to yoga to continue their yoga practice during their cancer journey. Tari explains the science behind cancer and the immune system far better than some in the academic and medical community. A must read to understand what cancer is, how it works in the body, and how yoga can help you heal and improve your health and immune system strength overall!” – Mallory White, August 2015
- “I am new to Yoga and just started taking this class at my local studio. This book is amazing. It helps with really well done drawings of the poses. The explanations and flow of the book are really well done too. I would highly recommend this to anyone considering the Yoga for Cancer classes.” – MH March, 2018
Read the many other 5 star reviews here.
“Yoga For Cancer an instrumental aspect of healing, surviving and thriving after treatment.” – Elena Brower, Yoga Leader & Author, Art of Attention
“Yoga for Cancer aids the recovering cancer patient and survivor with experience, warmth, and good sense.” – Loren M. Fishman, M.D. and author.
“As a general oncologist, I wholeheartedly support Yoga for Cancer. Tari has successfully blended the ancient art of yoga with the contemporary art of oncology in a beautifully mindful but scientifically based manner.” – Julie J. Olin, M.D., Medical Oncology, Fletcher Allen Health Care, Vermont
“A wonderful aid for beginners like me.” – Susan Gubar, writer of the Living with Cancer blog for the New York Times
“While I was going through cancer treatments a few years ago, Tari’s classes really helped me focus on something else besides being sick. The techniques and wisdom in Yoga for Cancer are almost as good as having Tari right there with you.” – Jake Burton, founder and chairman of Burton Snowboards
‘Yoga is an excellent tool for accessing the body’s amazing capacity to heal itself. Pranayama (breath practice) can help to relax the body, still the mind, and help people connect with Spirit, while asana practice (yoga poses) helps cancer patients and survivors to reconnect with their bodies. In, Yoga for Cancer, Prinster, a yoga instructor and cancer survivor herself, gives clear evidence as to the benefits of yoga for cancer patients and survivors, and presents a rationale approach to a safe and well-balanced asana practice. A ‘must read’ for those contemplating yoga as a means to take charge of their lives after a diagnosis of cancer.’ – Julie A. Rosenberg, MD, Pediatric Oncologist, Yoga Instructor (RYT-200)
Yoga for Cancer is a yoga prescription for healthy action for those touched by cancer. Having been through the cancer trenches herself, Tari offers support born of experience and tough love liberally sprinkled with compassion. Not one to coddle the countless survivors who have come to her classes and workshops, Tari prefers to empower them with strength, determination, comfort, and self-love. In this book she gives them the tools they need to shore up their immune system, strengthen their resolve, and fall back in love with themselves. As a writer and yoga teacher, I can say this book makes an important contribution to our collective knowledge of the healing powers of yoga.’ – Linda Sparrow, author and yoga teacher
Tari Prinster was my Yoda-in-a-tank-top when I was working through the residual physical and spiritual effects of recovery from breast cancer. I began taking her yoga classes simply to get back the range of motion in my arm and chest muscles, but her class taught me much more. It was a place where we all learned to shut up and listen to our bodies and be okay with whatever they were telling us. I left stronger, inside and out. She expresses the lessons of her classes now in this book, and I’m thrilled she’ll get to touch so many more people.’ – Shelley Lewis, Author, survivor and broadcast executive (“Five Lessons I didn’t learn from Breast Cancer (and the one big one I did)”)
‘I survived breast cancer treatment and was lucky enough to take some yoga classes in Manhattan with Tari at that time. She was full of strength, purpose and magnificence after having been through the same thing. This was inspiring for someone just starting out on that same path. You could see how much she cares about her students and about yoga. She provided a peaceful place to relax, to enter into your parasympathetic nervous system and to hear that still small voice, in the midst of the chronic stress of diagnosis and treatment. Hopefully her book will be a beacon to survivors who can’t make it to her class! I know it helped me!’ – Dr. Paulette Sherman, psychologist, survivor & author.
“Yoga for Cancer is a must read for all those living with cancer, providing the essential yoga tools with which you can construct your own wellness plan. If you are living with cancer and have tried yoga before or need an invitation to start, please read this book.” Kate McIntyre Clere, writer, director, filmmaker for Yogawoman
“Yoga for Cancer is a wonderful read and full of essential information for those living with breast cancer.” Linda and Bob Carey, founders of The Tutu Project
“Tari’s empathy and knowledge of how the body works is a tremendous benefit to all who read Yoga for Cancer.”- Mio Fredland, M.D., psychiatrist, New York Presbyterian University Hospital of Columbia and Cornell ￼
“A wonderful aid for beginners like me.” the Living with Cancer blog for the New York Times “Tari’s passion to assist cancer survivors is outstanding. Her practice is easy to follow and helps us get over the past and move more powerfully in the future. She provides mind and body empowerment.” Donna Wilson, RN, MSN, RRT, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, Integrative Medicine Center
“Tari Prinster was my Yoda-in-a-tank-top. I began taking her yoga classes simply to get back the range of motion in my arm and chest muscles, but her class taught me much more. I left stronger, inside and out. She expresses the lessons of her classes now in this book, and I’m thrilled she’ll get to touch so many more people.” Shelley Lewis, cancer survivor and author of Five Lessons I Didn’t Learn from Breast Cancer (and One Big One I Did)
“Yoga for Cancer is a fact-based guide to healing. Tari explains in clear language what to do and why to unlock the healing potential of yoga.” Stephanie M. Shorter, Ph.D., RYT, neuroscientist and founder of Mind-Body Collective
“This book is a terrific guide for survivors to do a daily practice. Its goal is to make this method of yoga for cancer a beacon for every survivor in the form of a book. Tari did a wonderful job creating this step-by-step method, and survivors everywhere will benefit.” – Paulette Sherman, Psy.D., psychologist, cancer survivor, and author of The Cancer Path
“As a cancer survivor myself, I found Tari’s information on how to detoxify our body to be invaluable to my recovery. Yoga for Cancer is a useful tool for helping cancer survivors to reclaim their lives.”- Kathleen McBeth, clinical psychologist and coordinator at the Cancer Patient Support Program