Accreditation and CEU Credits
All participants that successfully complete a yoga4cancer Certificate program will be provided a yoga4cancer Certificate.
More and more healthcare and medical institutions are requiring oncology yoga certification to work with their patients. With the largest network and actively working in countless hospitals, a yoga4cancer Certification will provide the credibility and the best in class training.
International Association of Yoga Therapists (IAYT)
The yoga4cancer Online Certificate Program have been approved by International Association of Yoga Therapists for Continuing Education.
Participants that successfully complete these programs can apply for Continuing Education Credits (CEUS) of 25 hours towards their IAYT credentials and CEU credits.
Learn more here.
All yoga4cancer Certificate Programs and some workshop provide Registered Yoga Teachers (RYT) with post-certificate continuing education credits. Upon completion the program, yoga teachers may submit a request with their certificate to get the appropriate number of CEU credits.
Please note that anyone applying for CEU credits with Yoga Alliance must be registered before the training program to get CEU credits through them. This is requirement established by Yoga Alliance. For details on the YA continuing education requirements and guidelines, please refer to the Yoga Alliance resources.
How to apply your yoga4cancer Program to your Yoga Alliance Registry for Continuing Education credit:
- Go to www.yogaalliance.org and log into your account.
- Click “Teacher Dashboard” at the top right.
- Click “Add Hours” under “Training Hours” on the right.
- Scroll down to select the type of course you completed.
- Select “In person with someone who is not a YACEP.”
- Select “Some Contact Hours”. Click “Yes” when the system asks if your provider met the qualifications.
- Then your next question will ask for the instructor’s name. [TARI PRINSTER]
- Click the check box for “I assert that my Continuing Education Provider meets the above requirements”.
- Input in your “Start Date” and “End Date”, as well as the “Continuing Education Activity” and the “Location” of the course.
- You will then enter in your hours of completion of the course in the educational category chart.
- Click “Assert” and “Save” when finished.
Please note that Yoga Alliance recognizes four educational categories. The 2021 yoga4cancer Certificate Program fits into these categories as such:
- Techniques, Training and Practices: 9
- Teaching Methodology: 26
- Anatomy and Physiology: 16
- Yoga Philosophy: 4
Total Hours: 55
Please be sure to reflect the above designations in your submission.
By following the above instructions, you can maximize how you use the 55 hours towards your YA requirements and membership, and you will also accurately list the hours by educational category.