Supporting low income and under-supported populations
Update as of Sept 12, 2021:
We will offer up to 10 partial scholarships for the 2022 Certificate Program. Each recipient will be awarded up to $700 – over 60% of the total 55 hour program cost ($1,199). Recipients are required to pay the remaining balance (up to $499). These scholarships are awarded based on the specific criteria and require recipients to support underserved cancer survivors and help advocate for Oncology Yoga interventions.
Our scholarships are highly competitive. On average, we are only able to provide scholarships to less than 15% of all applicants. Please know that we wish we could do more and we fundraise year-round to support as many individuals as we can. We also recognize that the remaining balance of the program can still be a barrier for participation. We encourage all participants to investigate other ways to fund the program or remaining tuition costs. It is possible. It just takes work and commitment. Many past graduates have successfully raised funds directly through employers, local non-profits, friends and family. Please review this option here.
Who Should Apply?
Recipients are determined based on the below criteria. However, it is not a requirement for each recipient to fulfill all of the below guidelines. Please read through the below criteria carefully and apply for a scholarship if you believe you are a good candidate:
- EITHER: a trained yoga professional, preferably with at least 1 year of teaching experience. A 200 hour yoga certification is preferred but not mandatory.
- OR: healthcare and wellness professionals motivated to integrate the y4c methodology into their existing professional practice or field. Healthcare and wellness professionals who have not completed yoga teacher certification must exhibit a strong and long-standing personal yoga practice to best provide support for this work. They must also complete a separate assignment in addition to program requirements related to the application of the yoga4cancer method to their professional work.
- Individuals must demonstrate a commitment to providing support to cancer survivors within their community through yoga.
- Individuals who face financial challenges and seek assistance to afford training.
- Individuals from marginalized communities (e.g. BIPOC, ethnically diverse and LGBTQ) are encouraged to apply.
- Applicants must demonstrate a commitment to advocate for oncology yoga within their local healthcare institutions, cancer centers, yoga studios and community centers.
- Recipients of the Scholarship must adhere to the Program Terms and Conditions including the technology, deadlines and completion requirements.
- Recipients must register and pay the remaining program tuition (amount due up to $499).
- Program registration must be completed 1 week after acceptance of the scholarship. Failure to register could mean the loss of the scholarship.
- All other costs – technology, yoga supplies etc – are not included in the cost of the program, nor covered by the training scholarship.
About the yoga4cancer Certificate Program
Our renowned certificate program has been expanded to 55 hours and includes the latest research, additional training content and resources. The program is a prerequisite to work with cancer patients and survivors in your community.
The yoga4cancer Certification Program is delivered in a 16 week program through online & distance learning with carefully constructed videos, assignments, webinars, homework, practices, quizzes, discussions, mentor support and more. The program format is designed for busy yoga and healthcare professionals who want to gain certification to safely and effectively support cancer survivors in their community.
Tuition for the 55 hour Certificate Program is $1,199. Please review all details of the program prior to applying for the scholarship here.
2022 Professionals Scholarship Application
Deadline November 15th
We rely on financial support of foundations and grants to offset the cost of the program and provide these scholarships. Without this generous support, we would not be able to operate and provide this invaluable oncology yoga training. We ask for our community to contribute as much as possible. Please consider donating or supporting via a crowd-fundraising campaign.
Donate or engage your community here.
A guaranteed way to join!
The financial challenges of our community are common. Many past trainees have used crowd-fundraising to successfully raise tuition costs and support for classes. Yes, it requires additional work and commitment. But it’s a guaranteed way to obtain the training and is a good skill to have. Plus, it creates awareness of your certification, attracts future students, raises visibility with local hospitals, non-profits and cancer centers so that ultimately your certification is being well used and rewarded.