Give Survivors the Gift of Yoga
What began as one woman’s quest to find renewal and peace while surviving cancer has evolved into a specialized yoga4cancer methodology that is changing the lives of others on a global scale. This work is desperately needed. The activities of this past year alone provide the evidence. We get closer to this reality every day: yoga can help create healthier lives for all cancer patients and survivors. Yoga as part of a holistic approach makes a significant impact by reducing the risk of cancer and managing treatment side effects.
It has been our goal to:
- STRENGTHEN cancer survivors currently in-treatment or out of treatment as they deal with their own unique short & long term side effects of cancer treatments
- TRAIN as many yoga teachers and medical professionals as possible so that trainees, in turn, can bring this specialized methodology to patients and survivors everywhere
- BROADEN our reach to underserved communities globally
- LEAD a movement that will result in medical professionals everywhere choosing yoga as a first-line prescription along with other generally accepted treatments, and to be the credible source utilizing our unique approach & methodology.
Which leads us to acknowledge there is so much more work to be done. As we look forward to next year, we know that the need for this important work will not lessen. Our 2018 goals are clear:
- $25 gives a survivor one yoga class with a y4c trained teacher
- $100 funds one month of yoga classes for a survivor
- $500 places the book, Yoga for Cancer, in 25 hospitals
- $1,000 is a scholarship for one yoga teacher to complete yoga4cancer training
- $10,000 is one-year sponsorship for one y4c class
Great success is not possible without a supportive community, and we are deeply grateful for the many corporations, foundations, and individuals who have steadfastly supported us time and again. With this kind of contribution, we find the inspiration and resources to continue this great work.
Make your #GivingTuesday tax-deductible donation to The Retreat Project online here or donate by check to: The Retreat Project, PO Box 1235, Stowe, VT 05672.
Founder, The Retreat Project & Yoga4Cancer