bridging the gap to recovery and beyond with yoga…
The Retreat Project brings yoga and other mind/body modalities to low-income and under-served women touched by cancer through annual, regional retreats. In collaboration with others who share this mission, we create, plan and fully fund retreats to include patients,survivors, and caregivers. Beyond the retreat experience, we endeavor to encourage and cultivate access to the transformative power of yoga.
Retreats change lives. We envision a world where these retreats will change many lives using yoga and other mind/body modalities as a prescription for recovery and life-long well-being. These retreats offer a place for healing to begin or continue; an opportunity to learn a practice for healthy living; a safe respite from the stress of a cancer journey; time alone and time shared in a supportive community. The Retreat Project retreats will pamper, empower and give hope.
- Living Beauty Serenity Yoga Retreat
July 6-8, 2012 – Asilomar Conference Center, Pacific Grove, CA
- Fall Yoga Retreat for Women Cancer Survivors
Sept 28-30, 2012 – Mohonk Mountain House, New Paltz, NY
- Ancient Eastern Healing Retreat with the Foundation for Living Beauty
Nov 12-15, 2012 – Joshua Tree Retreat Center, CA
Currently in development.
Your donation of:
- $100 provides a yoga mat, bolster and yoga blankets for some one’s first yoga retreat
- $300 is the cost of transportation to a retreat venue
- $1000 is a scholarship for one woman to a 3 day retreat
- $10,000 is sponsorship for 10 women on their path to recovery with time to reflect and the opportunity to transform fear to hope, weakness to strength and discomfort to ease.
All donations are tax-deductible to the fullest extent of the law.
Consider hosting a house party, a yoga-thon or other fun events to let your friends know about the healing power of The Retreat Project.
Please contact: Denise@theretreatproject.com