Raising the funds to attend yoga teacher training programs can actually be the biggest challenge for most people. We all have the desire and want to learn more to improve our skills. Although applying for scholarships is a great option, there is another way that can significantly help raise the funds you need AND help you implement your new skills with a yoga4cancer certification. Its a great way to raise awareness of your certification, attract future students, get visibility with local hospitals and cancer centers so that ultimately your certification is being well used and rewarded.
Help your community help you!
GoFundMe is a do-it-yourself online fundraising service that has helped thousands of people raise millions of dollars in online donations for the fundraising ideas that matter to them most. GoFundMe allows regular people to accomplish extraordinary things with easy-to-use personal donation websites. From exciting life events like weddings & graduations to challenging circumstances like accidents & illnesses, the GoFundMe fundraising software remains one of the best ways to raise money online.
GoFundMe pages are able to accept donations immediately. You can use this page to get your family, friends, colleagues & community to provide support for your yoga4cancer certification. Its a great way to get our ‘team’ involved and build a network of people invested in your advancement.
How to Create a Page:
- Go to www.gofundme.com
- Click “Try It Free”
- You can choose to sign up or use facebook to set up your page
- If you choose to use facebook, your basic facebook info will be displayed to donors, but your Profile will stay private. This feature also allows you to access your facebook photos etc.
- Once you create an account, you will be asked to customize your page by setting a goal amount, setting a page title and color, you will also be asked to upload a photo or video
- Once you have created your page, you can start sharing your page with family and friends. GoFundMe has a built in feature for facebook, email, and twitter
- Donations are received in real time and you can sign in and track your results.
In order to prevent misuse, requirements for a GoFundMe page to appear in the Search Directory are:
- A valid Facebook account to connect your GoFundMe page to
- Must include a photo or video
- Must have raised at least $100
To ensure a page is eligible to be listed in the Directory, you must:
- Sign In
- Click the Edit tab
- Select the Settings item in the menu
- Locate the “Show in Search” row and click Yes
- Click Save button
Promote, Share – CONSTANTLY:
Once you have created your page, you MUST share and promote. Send emails, text messages, or phone calls. But also use Facebook! Explain why you need help, what you plan on doing with your certificate. Include or tag Yoga 4 Cancer (when possible) as we will help and promote.
Do it OFTEN. Sharing once will not be enough. People need reminders and focus.
Congrats! You raised your target!
Once you have raised the funding goal (or beyond) use this funding to sign up for your training.
NOTE: GoFundMe’s Terms and Conditions mean that a 5% fee will be automatically deducted from each donation.