We are thrilled to offer a FREE yoga4cancerTM Community Class at 4:15pm in the Virayoga studio in Soho, NYC. These classes are tailored to address the specific physical and emotional needs of cancer patients and survivors as well as the short and long term side effects resulting from cancer treatments. The yoga4cancerTM unique approach is not just gentle or restorative yoga, rather a methodology focused on how to stimulate the immune system through movement, improve flexibility & strength, to protect against recurrence, to reduce anxiety and boost overall health and sense of well being.
The FREE class was generously funded by the Retreat Project (501c3 NY non-profit), which is committed to helping low-income and under-served cancer survivors and patients through yoga and other modalities.
- When– every Tuesday at 4:15pm
- Where - Virayoga, Soho, NYC
- Who – a community class is open to all cancer survivors and patients.
Advanced registration for the class is required. The class will be capped at 15 people so early registration is recommended. To register, please see below:
- Existing students – Please click here. (Your registration process will be identical to other classes; you simply will not need to apply any payment.)
- New students – Please see here to register.
More y4c classes - yoga4cancerTM offers other classes across New York City and other surrounding areas starting as low as $12 per class. For more information, please click here.
WE NEED YOUR HELP! This FREE community class is only possible by a generous donor through the Retreat Project and subsequent donors. The ongoing opportunity of this FREE class and other activity will be based on donations like this and our community fundraising. So we need your help by:
- Donating – if you can afford the class, please donate to the Retreat Project! Click here to donate.
- Host a fundraiser!
- Volunteer at upcoming Yogathons – more information to come.
- Crowdrise – more information to come
yoga4cancerTM was developed by Tari Prinster – a cancer survivor and master yogateacher. Tari has been offering classes and retreats across the US for the past 10 years. Additionally she has trained over 800 yoga teachers in this unique methodology. She was featured in the film YogaWoman and regularly presents at Yoga Journal and other industry conferences. For more information on the y4c program, click here.